priya tuli's bloGGawhatziz

Thursday, September 23, 2004

"aha" moment...

















Xania June 2004 © Priya Tuli

Timing is everything. I know, I should be telling you something you don't know, but I rediscovered this little axiom tonight, when I was riffling through my vast collection of photographs of... groan... Greek doors!

I have more of the leprouschipped&peeling (deliciously ineluctable!) doors from my first trip in November 2001, and more brightshiny devoidofcharacterbutstillarresting doors from my last trip in June 2004.

How come, right? Timing!!! April/May is around the time things slowly start gearing up for the onslaught of the tourist season. Paint jobs, repairs, all that stuff. So when I got there in June, I found disappointingly faultless new paintwork, all bright and clean, awaiting the tourists. Gah!

By November, however, the meltemi has usually had its way with the paintwork, the sun has burned the high gloss down, the humidity and salt spray has done its magic and bingo! George Meis-type vistas, awaiting conversion to megalostacks of photographs.

Now that I've worked it out, I have a surefire way to avoid taking ANY more door shots. Go in June!













Xania June 2004 © Priya Tuli

3 Comments:

  • Aha!
    Let me guess: you're 4 ft. 3 in., with large pointy ears and 3 hairs on your chin? Possibly a Masters in Applied Particle Physics and partial to lukewarm tea? See? I KNEW it!!!

    But seriously, I stand corrected; the real word IS "ineluctable".

    If you'd like to see more wordistortions, check www.randombloggz.com. Plenty to keep you commenting there!

    By Blogger Priya Tuli, at 2/6/05 21:00  

  • Thanks Daniel, special is GOOD! Born and raised in New Delhi, India. Living and working in Jakarta, Indonesia the last 10 years.

    The doors, yes... they are an intrinsic part of the Greek island landscape and highly addictive!

    By Blogger Priya Tuli, at 8/6/05 13:30  

  • cool blog.

    the doors of perception. the doors of the mind.






    ~ James

    By Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins, at 15/6/06 15:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home